Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Time for Dinner

We harvested three goats today - one for a customer and two for me. I am a big fan of what around here we call the debris. That's the liver, the heart, the kidneys, and the other random organs that my processor gives me that I have no clue about. My mother is from Kansas, and apparently her mother never touched stuff like this. So I am having to figure it out on my own. I am going to try this recipe for the liver and the heart.

But it calls for on overnight marinade, which I am already cheating on by using red wine instead of vinegar. But, for tonight, I saved myself one liver lobe, which I cooked on medium heat for about 10 mins, covered in Tony's, turned the heat up to high for a min and a half, and ate with my fingers.

Here it is cooking:













Here it is right before I pop it into my mouth:

No comments:

Post a Comment