Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sneaky Discover and a Question

Uncommon Cents points out that Discover now requires a $50 credit before you can receive your cash back bonus. I had never even noticed; I confess that I have always redeemed my Discover cash back for Bed, Bath, and Beyond gift cards. I have such a huge family that someone is always having a wedding, and everyone registers there now. So I turn $20 into $25 for items that I was planning to buy there anyway. Honestly, Discover's cash back program is terrible except for the monthly and quarterly 5% bonuses, so I probably only make about $60 a year with it.

On the subject of credit cards, while I was at the BridgeSide Marina, they charged me 75 cents for the use of a credit card on a $15 transaction. This is patently a violation of their credit card agreement with MasterCard. Normally, I would report it, but I hesitate because I know that BridgeSide is a family owned business, and I hate to make life harder for small businesspeople than it is. I am really curious what the rest of you would do; please vote in the poll and let me know.



1 comment:

  1. Forget the transaction fee. You have more important things in your life. Just bring a little cash next time.

    Discover, however, has to go. What an awful rewards program!

    ReplyDelete