Monday, March 15, 2010

Getting Control of My House - Flylady Day 1

My housekeeper quit at the end of last year and I decided not to replace her. Instead, one of my goals for this year was to keep my house in a reasonable state. So far I am failing miserably.

I have decided to do the Flylady system. I've seen several people in the blogosphere use it with some success. Also, it's free, so the price is right. The website is a bit too cutesy for my taste, but I figure that if it works it doesn't matter.

She's got a 31 day beginner program, so I've decided to do her system religiously for 31 days, and then evaluate whether it is doing me any good.

Day One's task is to clean your sink until it shines. It was surprisingly satisfying to clear all the sludge out and scrub the ring of dirt off the sides. And here it is in all its glory - one clean sink in a terribly dirty house.  Hopefully it is the beginning of better things!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your kitchen decor is so unique! It's all so dark and Gothic looking.

    ReplyDelete