Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sold my first book at Half

Sold my first book on Half yesterday, and my second today. Both were Anita Blake novels, go figure. I find it a bit embarrassing now to admit that I ever liked the series (Q:How much multiple-partner-vampire-werewolf-other sex do you need to put in a book? A:Enough to cover the complete lack of any plot or character development) but I guess they are still popular.

So a double win for me - I get them off my bookshelf and a little cash in my pocket.

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, books I haven't read! Damn. I feel like I am serious missing out cuz this type of stuff is right up my alley. I tried to sell a few of my vampire hardbound novels on Half.com in really, really good condition...they only wanted 0.75 :( Too old school, I guess. Oh well, I get to keep them :)

    So, are you an True Blood junkie too? I totally am! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read the Sookie Stackhouse novels as they came out (Amazon recommended the first one to me practically the day it was released). Since I don't have a TV or cable, and my library has an issue with ILLing DVDs, I've never seen True Blood.

    If you like paranormal, and have a Kindle or an iPhone, Blood Engines by T.A. Pratt is currently free to download, and I would highly recommend it. http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Engines/dp/B000WCWVIU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=digital-text&qid=1251635009&sr=1-2

    ReplyDelete
  3. True Blood is much better than the Sookie Stackhouse novels, imo. Definitely worth a watch.

    It's sad how much the Anita Blake books have degenerated. :( I stopped reading after Micah... actually, I'm not even sure I made it through that one. Laurell Hamilton seems like she's just in it for the money now.

    ReplyDelete