Monday, January 31, 2011

2011 Goal Recap - January Edition

Lets see how I am doing:
     A) Continue to Tithe - Paying off a loan in December and having my six month car insurance come due this month messed up my cash flow, so I didn't tithe this month.  I'm on track to pay double next month, though, so I should be caught up soon.
     B) Start a daily religious practice - This is one of those situations where it is something that I actually enjoy doing, so it falls by the wayside.  I'm finding that the best way I get to the things that I enjoy is to make them a group activity or schedule them at a specific time.  Alternately, I need a tracking system.  My church gives out Today in print form, so the plan for this month is to put it by my bed to read every morning, and then check it off in the book as done.  If that doesn't work as a starting point, I'll have to get more creative next month.
2) Health
     A) Eat within my Weight Watchers points every day - I made this 3 weeks out of 4, and lost 1.5 pounds this month.
     B) i. Exercise six days a week / make the check-in list at my gym every month I was out of town for a week, and that really messed me up.  Made it to the gym today, so I am getting back on track.

3) Financial
     A) Have a side business (or multiple) netting 1K a month before taxes by December 2011  Still working on this - need to get some stuff actually for sale by the end of this month.
    B) Fully Fund 2011 Roth IRAs Cash flow issues mean that this fund continues to be $0.  I plan to be on track to put $1K away every month starting March.
    C)  Save in anticipation of (hopefully very temporary) loss of primary income I didn't get much saving done this month, but I didn't have to tap into any savings either.

4) Dreams
     A) Get the farm books in order, facilitate farm improvements, and manage the goats.  Our farm manager quit this month, so it has been quite a challenge, but I have been on top of this all month.
     B) Begin again on piano  Haven't started
     C) Re-connect with my Chinese friend I'm glad I put this on here because I had totally forgotten about it until I went through the list.

5) Prosaic
     1) Practice with my carry firearms at least once a month - Ouch.  In my defense, the weather was nasty and I was out of town for a week.  This is another one of those things that I enjoy that tend to fall by the wayside.  I need to find a place for it in my schedule and write it in.  If this is still red next month, I will make myself take a class, so I know I will do it.
     2) Consistently do Flylady routines.  Not as consistent as I'd like, but definitely happening on a regular basis.  I still just have too much stuff.


Analysis: It could be worse, but it could be better too.  I'm having trouble doing consistent/pattern kinds of things like housework and exercise.  Next month, my plan is to schedule out each day beforehand, making sure to include all the things I want to be doing on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment