Monday, March 12, 2012

10 Pound Challenge 8 Week Update

Today, I weighed 203 lbs, with four weeks left to go.  So I have to lose 2 lbs a week between now and April 9th to be entered into the drawing.  I admit it is not likely.  But I hate failing at challenges, so I want to give it my best go.

On the other hand, Monkey and Football are only four months old, so they still get all their nutrition from breast milk.  So I don't want to restrict my eating in a way that might affect my milk production.  (At the end of April , when they turn six months old, I am starting Weight Watchers again.)

So here is my plan:

For the next four weeks I will:

1) Weigh myself every morning

2) Work out every day.  Weekdays will be at least 30 min in the pool; weekends at least 30 min of walking.

3) Eat no junk food.  If it is not highly nutritive, I don't eat it.  That means absolutely no cake, ice cream, sugar cereal, sugar in my oatmeal, cookies, or anything else that might come my way full of empty sugars.  I will continue to drink all the milk I want, and to eat all the meat, whole grains, fruit, and vegetables that I am hungry for.

4) Blog every day about my progress to keep myself accountable.

I started off today weighing 203 lbs, swimming 2 ten min sessions and walking 2 5 min sessions, and eating no refined sugar.  Only 27 more days left to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment