Sunday, February 12, 2012

Week in Review - 2/5 - 2/11

Carla's Challenge
I have spent 44% of our household budget and we are 38% of the way through the month.  I haven't put in for reimbursement from my FSA, though, so we're really about on track.  I thought we were doing better, however I have been sick all week and this is the first day I sat down and actually ran all the numbers.

I haven't gotten a thing done this week.  The nasty cold has resolved into a persistent cough and overwhelming fatigue.  If I don't have a screaming baby, I am asleep.

10 Pound Challenge
Tomorrow is the 4 week mark, so I am saving my discussion for then.

2012 Goals
I'm on the 26th Chapter of Deuteronomy.  I missed church again, mostly because I couldn't make myself wake up to my alarm.  This makes two weeks in a row.

Having babies has given me a new perspective on reading the Bible.  I must have read Numbers 31:17, where the Israelites have defeated the Midianites, and Moses tells them to kill everyone but virgin girls, dozens of times.  But somehow, this week reading "now therefore kill every male among the little ones" made me think of my little Monkey, who is such a serious boy most of the time, but occasionally breaks out in big smiles.  A whole nation of little Monkeys was put to the sword because of something that they had nothing to do with.  I know that's the way the world works, but it really drives home the difference between the old and new testaments.
My Little Monkey
I haven't worked out at all this week, I was too busy coughing and sleeping.  I haven't done anything re:money.  I haven't gone shooting.  Being sick is one gigantic fail.

Hope your week has been more productive!

No comments:

Post a Comment