The idea is to close your eyes, imagine it’s a Friday morning a few years from now (2 to 5 years from now). Now think about exactly how you’d want to spend the day, keeping in mind that it is a weekday. The idea is to plan your perfect day, using the following questions…
1. What time do you wake up, and how are you feeling as you greet the day?
2. Where are you? If you’re at home, what does it look like?
3. Who is with you?
4. What kind of work are you doing? (if you have no idea what kind of work you’ll be doing or want to be doing, list the qualities you want to find in the work you do and the kind of work environment you want.)
5. As you head out to face the day, how do you look? What are you wearing?
6. How do you get to work?
7. When you’re done with work, how will you spend you spare time and with whom? What activities do you enjoy?
8. When is your evening like?
9. When you go to bed that night, how are you feeling after spending the day doing exactly what you love?
10. What are you most grateful for and what are you looking forward to as you go to sleep?
Mine looks like this ... which is honestly not much like what I am doing right now. I know I should rethink my priorities and see how to get there, but right now, I am having enough trouble just putting one foot in front of the other. But I thought I'd put it up for myself, just as a reminder.