Saturday, October 24, 2009

Know Anyone Who Wants to Lead the Sustainable Farm Lifestyle?

For various reasons (including the fact that if Mr. Goat loses his job, he'll never be able to get a comparable one here) my time on the farm is probably limited. The inconvenience of being so sick has made me realize that it would be better to find a replacement for myself before I go, rather than afterwards. My parents agree, and so we are looking for a partner on our farm.

Our ad in the Stockman Grass Farmer reads as follows:

South Louisiana Family Farm seeks self-motivated person or family passionate about sustainable farming. Our small, grass-based farm produces grass fed and finished beef and grass fed goats that we market locally (primarily through networking and our web site). The ideal candidate(s) will have experience with raising grass, handling animals, and operating and maintaining farm equipment and the desire to partner with us to expand the farm and to add additional, complementary enterprises. We can provide housing, salary, and a share of profits. Priority will be given to those with a farm background who wish to lead the country lifestyle for the long term. If you are interested, please contact us by email at FarmFamily@brookshirefarm.com. Include a short description of your background and why you would be interested in joining us here at Brookshire Farm.

If you or someone you know is interested, they can also contact me through this blog. Please feel free to pass it along to anyone you think might be interested and qualified. We are looking with someone with a real passion for sustainable farming and a real appreciation or how much work, physical and mental, is involved.

I'm also looking for feedback on the ad - what kind of person do you think this ad will attract, and why?

1 comment:

  1. I think the ad reads well, I wish I knew someone looking for that kind of opportunity to send your way but I will definitely keep an ear out for you.

    ReplyDelete