Monday, October 26, 2009

Calf-length Wool Socks at a Bargain Price

Originally submitted at Gander Mountain

Precise fit and comfort for long days spent in boots. Made from mid-weight, no itch Merino Wool, these socks are packed with feet-saving features. The stay-up cuff ensures that the socks won't fall or leave your calf open to rubbing. Air channels throughout promote quick-drying. Arch support an...


Great Sock for the Price
By The Lost Goat from Meaux, LA on 10/26/2009

4out of 5
Pros: Comfortable, Soft
Cons: Too Thin
Best Uses: Daily Use
Describe Yourself: Bargain Shopper
I bought one pair of these socks as a trial pair because they looked too inexpensive to be any good. I am happy to report that I am planning to purchase several more pairs.

They are not particularly thick, but they are soft and comfy. They reach to the middle of my calf (I am 5'7') and stay up in my boots all day. They keep my feet cozy when they get damp.

They are just slightly larger than size - if you are on the cusp of a size, I'd order down rather than up.

I give them 4 stars because I wish they reached over my entire calf and because they are very light weight. But I highly recommend them for day-to-day wear under boots when you will be outside all day in the muck. After several washings (and drying in the dryer), there has been no shrinking or piling. They feel almost as nice as Smartwool and are a fraction of the price (plus I've never seen any Smartwool socks this long).
Sock inside out after several washings
thumbnail
Tags: Picture of Product
Sock after several washings
thumbnail
Tags: Picture of Product, Using Product
I don't get any kickback from recommending these, but I liked them so much that I'm posting my review of them on my blog.  As a bonus, Gander Mountain offers free shipping all the time.  If you are buying more than $50 worth of stuff, code GMTWY2 will give you $10 off $50 until November 5th.

1 comment: